Last Modified November 15, 2017
2. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION: Wonder Works may collect any information (such as first and last name, credit card number, address, e-mail address and telephone number) that you provide when you interact with Wonder Works. Some examples include when you:
make an online or in-store purchase;
create or edit any registries and/or wish lists;
participate in a contest, sweepstakes or other promotion;
participate in a game or other promotion on a Wonder Works’ Site or at one of our partner's websites;
fill out a survey or questionnaire;
engage with Wonder Works content through third-party social networking sites;
contact a Wonder Works customer service representative.
3. AUTOMATIC INFORMATION COLLECTION: Each time you visit our Site or the websites of any of our partners, we may automatically collect certain types of information from you. Some examples of automatic information we may collect are as follows:
We may record your internet service provider's address, your internet protocol or IP address, the web page from which you came, your web browser software, the type of handheld or mobile device used to link to the web page, and the language settings on your web browser;
We may collect a record of your activity or your "clickstream" while visiting our Site;
We may use "cookies" of different types to recognize your computer. A cookie is a small text file that a website, online application, or e-mail may save to your internet browser and/or your computer's hard drive for use in subsequent visits to our Sites or other sites; and
We may use web beacons, match scripts, pixel tags or similar technologies that allow us to know if a particular web page was visited, an e-mail opened, links in the email utilized or if the advertisements on our Site or other sites were effective. In some instances, these technologies may allow us to match activities with particular users; and
We may collect any information you enter, share or that can be obtained from your use of our apps, games, contests, or promotions.
4. COMBINED INFORMATION: Information you provide at our retail stores may be combined with information that you provide online on our Site, as well as with information about your product interests and purchases we collect automatically. The information you provide to Wonder Works may also be combined with demographic and other information that is available from other sources in order to allow Wonder Works to better communicate with you and enhance our customer service and your shopping experience.
5. USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: In order to make a purchase on the Site, Wonder Works will request a customer to provide certain personal identifying information, which may include: name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, method of payment, and, if applicable credit card number. Wonder Works may request additional information necessary to establish and maintain the customer’s account.
In addition, your personal information is used by Wonder Works and others to enhance your customer experience, respond to your requests, improve our customer service, tailor offerings and advertisements to you, communicate with you about products, services, special offerings and events or programs offered by us or our marketing partners that may be of interest to you.
Wonder Works may also use this information to analyze and manage its businesses. Aggregate or combined data is collected from online and offline facilities and may be used to enhance the ability of Wonder Works to communicate with you and to support business functions such as fulfillment, internal business processes, marketing, authentication, customer service, fraud prevention, and public safety and legal functions.
6. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES: Wonder Works may share your personal information with third parties, including as set forth below.
Wonder Works may share your personal information with service providers. Some examples of things service providers may do that may involve your personal information are:
Authorization of credit card and check transactions, order fulfillment, sweepstakes and contests, any rewards program, and cobranded or joint product and service promotions.
Developing, hosting or maintaining the Site on behalf of Wonder Works.
Warehousing product, personalizing product and performing order fulfillment and shipping services on behalf of Wonder Works or on your behalf and at your request.
In the event that a store, division or part or all of Wonder Works (or the assets of a Wonder Works entity) is bought, sold or otherwise transferred, or is in the process of a potential transaction, customer information will likely be shared for evaluation purposes and included among the transferred business assets.
Wonder Works may also disclose specific information when such disclosure appears necessary to comply with the law, a subpoena or other litigation process or to protect the interests or safety of its visitors and customers, Wonder Works employees or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
7. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: Wonder Works uses industry-standard security techniques on the Site to help protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information collected from you at the on the Site. When you access your account information or transmit personally identifiable data to our Site, that information is stored on servers that the Wonder Works Site has attempted to secure from unauthorized access or intrusion. "Secure Socket Layer" software encrypts personal information you transmit to the Wonder Works Site. Wonder Works cannot be and is not responsible for unauthorized access to information by hackers or others who have obtained such access through illegal measures.
"Phishing" is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it might be from Wonder Works asking for your personal information, do not respond. Wonder Works would not request your password, user name, credit card information, or other personal information through e-mail.
8. COMMUNICATIONS FROM WONDER WORKS: From time to time you may receive communications including mailings, telephone calls or e-mails from Wonder Works with information on products or services, discounts, special promotions, upcoming events or other offers from Wonder Works or its marketing partners. You may opt out of receiving e-mail communications by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the e-mail received. It may take us up to ten (10) days to complete this process, as permitted by law. You may opt out of receiving mailings or telephone calls by contacting us at cosborne@wonder workstoys.com or by calling (843) 416-5050 and asking for a customer service representative who will instruct you on how you may opt out of receiving such communications. Please note that if you request that your name be removed from a Wonder Works mailing list, your name will be removed from all of the mailing lists maintained by Wonder Works. In addition, your personal information may be retained in the database for recordkeeping purposes and for internal research and analysis.
10. CHILDREN: Minors who post comments or other information to our Site so that it is visible to others are able to request that the information be removed by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (843) 416-5050. Note that although we can help make sure the information is no longer visible on our Site, this does not ensure complete or comprehensive deletion of your information from Wonder Works’ internal systems and/or other sites and services beyond our control. The Wonder Works’ Site does not knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information online from children under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. If Wonder Works learns that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personally identifiable information online without parental consent, we will take all reasonable measures to delete such information from its databases and to not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required or allowed by law). If you become aware of any personally identifiable information we have collected from children under 13, please contact us at email@example.com or by calling (843) 416-5050.
Effective as of June 1, 2018
1. YOUR INFORMATION
In the course of operating the App, we may receive the following types of information. By utilizing the App or otherwise providing Wonder Works the following types of information, you authorize us to receive such information.
b. Personal Information. We only receive or collect information that identifies you personally if you choose to provide such personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) to us via email or other external means. All Personal Information you generate through the App remains with your playPORTAL account, and is not stored or collected by us. We do not collect any Personal Information from you when you use the App unless you specifically provide us with the Personal Information (i.e. customer support email).
c. Other Information. In addition to the Personal Information, we may automatically collect or receive additional information regarding you and your use of the App; your interactions with us and our advertising; and information regarding your computer and mobile devices used to access the App (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
i. From You. Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us outside the App (for example, via email).
ii. From Your Activity. We may collect or receive information regarding:
A. We may receive de-identified usage and analytics from playPORTAL platform for maintenance, support, and improving our App.
2. HOW INFORMATION IS USED AND SHARED
a. You authorize us to use the Personal Information and the Other Information (together, the “Information”) to:
i. provide and improve our App;
ii. provide our services;
iii. administer our promotional programs;
iv. solicit your feedback; and
v. inform you about our products and services.
b. In order to provide our services and administer our promotional programs, we may share the Information with our third-party promotional and marketing partners, including, without limitation, businesses participating in our various programs.
c. We engage third-party companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, customer service, marketing assistance, and administration of promotional programs. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
d. In an ongoing effort to better understand our users, the App, and our products and services, we may analyze certain Information in anonymized and aggregate form to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the App and/or such products and services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share and/or license this aggregate data to our affiliates, agents, business and promotional partners, and other third parties. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics to describe the App and these products and services to current and prospective business partners and investors and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
e. We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
f. As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
g. To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information:
i. when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or
ii. whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or others, including you.
3. ACCESSING AND MODIFYING INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES
4. IMPORTANT NOTICES TO NON-U.S. RESIDENTS
The App is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that your Information, including your Personal Information, may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the App, you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to such transfer, processing, and use in the United States and elsewhere.
5. APP STORES; EXTERNAL WEBSITES
Your app store (e.g., iTunes or Google Play) may collect certain information in connection with your use of the App, such as Personal Information and other usage-based data. We have no control over the collection of such information by a third-party app store, and any such collection or use will be subject to that third party’s applicable privacy policies.
The Wonder Works App is directed to users of all ages, including children under the age of 13. Accordingly, we rely on our integration with playPORTAL to strictly adhere to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). playPORTAL has developed and adheres to strict guidelines to ensure COPPA compliance, and the safety and privacy of its users of all ages, especially users under the age of 13. All access or use of the App is only an extension and integration of your playPORTAL Account. All Personal Information collected through the App is stored and maintained in your playPORTAL account, and is not collected, stored or maintained by Wonder Works.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from any child under the age of 13. If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information outside of the App, such as through email communication, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us and request that such information be deleted from our records.
Parents of children under the age of 13 can control their child’s access to the App, its use of the camera, and other permissions via the playPORTAL Parent Dashboard. See playportal.io for more details on how to manage your Child’s permissions.
8. HOW TO CONTACT US